Stress-related health problems are responsible for up to 80% of visits to the doctor and account for the third highest health care expenditures, behind only heart disease and cancer.
Mind-body practices like yoga and meditation have been shown to reduce your body’s stress response by strengthening your relaxation response and lowering stress hormones like cortisol.
According to a 2015 study published by Harvard Health Publications, people who practice meditation or yoga “used 43% fewer medical services than they did the previous year.”
Upcoming Meditation Classes
Next series: TBD
Want us to Keep you Posted for Future Classes?
To be notified about this series and future meditation classes, join the mailing list by clicking the button below.
- Increased blood flow & decreased heart rate.
- Physical relaxation.
- Decreases blood pressure.
- Reduces anxiety by lowering the levels of blood lactate.
- Decreases muscle tension.
- Aids with post-operative healing.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Reduces activity of viruses & emotional distress.
- Enhances energy, strength and vigor.
- Reduction of free radicals, less tissue damage.
- Drop in cholesterol levels, lowers risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Improved flow of air to the lungs resulting in easier breathing.
- Decreases the aging process.
- Prevented, slowed or controlled pain of chronic diseases.
- Cure headaches & migraines.
- Greater orderliness of brain functioning.
- Significant relief from asthma.
- Harmonizes the endocrine system.
- Relaxes the nervous system.
- Builds self-confidence.
- Increases serotonin level, influences mood & behaviour.
- Resolve phobias & fears.
- Helps with focus & concentration.
- Increased creativity.
- Increased brain wave coherence.
- Improved learning ability & memory.
- Increased feelings of vitality & rejuvenation.
- Increased emotional stability.
- Bad habits begin to dissolve.
- Develops intuition.
- Increased productivity.
- Improved relations at home & work.
- Able to see the larger picture in a given situation.
- Increased ability to solve complex problems.
- Develop will power.
- Greater communication between the two brain hemispheres.
- React more quickly & more effectively to a stressful event.
- Increases one’s perceptual ability & motor performance.
- Increased job satisfaction.
- Decrease in potential mental illness.
- Less aggressiveness.
- Helps in quitting smoking & alcohol addiction.
- Reduces need and dependency on drugs, pills & pharmaceuticals.
- Need less sleep to recover from sleep deprivation.
- Require less time to fall asleep, helps cure insomnia.
- Decrease in restless thinking.
- Decreased tendency to worry.
- Increases listening skills & empathy.
- Greater tolerance.
- Gives composure to act in considered & constructive ways.
- Grows a stable, more balanced personality.
- Develops emotional maturity.
- Helps keep things in perspective.
- Provides peace of mind, happiness.
- Helps you discover your purpose.
- Increased self-actualization.
- Increased compassion.
- Growing wisdom.
- Deeper understanding of yourself & others.
- Brings body, mind, & spirit in harmony.
- Deeper level of spiritual relaxation.
- Increased acceptance of oneself.
- Fosters forgiveness.
- Changes attitude toward life.
- Helps living in the present moment.
- Creates a widening, deepening capacity for love.
- Discovery of the power & consciousness beyond the ego.
- Experience an inner sense of “Assurance or Knowingness”.
- Experience a sense of “Oneness”.